Instructions on using Call of Duty World at War saves:
It is recommended to turn off your Internet connection before playing single player campaign. Otherwise, game will tend to create a new online profile each time it starts, ignoring the one you've created for purpose of using downloaded savegame.
1. Download desired Call Of Duty WOW save file
to your desktop.
2. Uzip it, right click on SVG
(savegame) file and select Copy
3. Seek for game user files on your hard drive and delete all files from players/profiles/. If players/profiles/ folders doesn't exist, create them manually.
4. Under players/profiles/ folder, create new folder named John
, and under the same folder new txt file called active
5. Open active.txt and type "John" (without double quotes). Save the file and exit text editor.
6. Start the game and go to SOLO, then select NEW GAME. Right after the first level starts, exit game completely.
7. Go to players/profiles/John and paste previously copied SVG file to save
8. Open players/profiles/John/config.cfg file using WordPad
and find these lines:
seta sv_lastSaveCommitedToDevice "profiles/John/save\mak.svg"
seta sv_lastSaveGame "profiles/John/save\mak.svg"
Instead of "mak" (or whatever else is written there), enter the name of downloaded save file. Save changes and exit.
9. Start Call of Duty - World at War Solo - Co-op, and go to SOLO/RESUME GAME.
Game user files location:
C:/Documents and Settings/YOUR_NAME/Local Settings/Application Data/Activision/CoDWaW/
Your download file is being prepared. Please wait a few seconds...