INSTRUCTIONS ON USING MODERN WARFARE 3 SAVEGAMES
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 uses .iw5 file to store the information about game status, while most other COD titles use .cfg file. In order to edit .iw5 file, you'll have to install notepad++. Software is fully legit freeware, and can be downloaded from
. You can uninstall it, once you are finished with editing of .iw5 file.
1. Enter game main menu and start a new campaign. Wait for the first mission to start, then exit game completely.
2. Download desired Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 save game file to your desktop.
3. Uzip it using WinZip or any similar tool, and you'll get a SVG (savegame) file.
4. Seek for installation folder on your hard drive (usually C:/Program Files/Activision/Modern Warfare 3/) and copy SVG file to players/save/.
5. Open players/settings_s.zip.iw5 file using previously installed Notepad++. Find this piece of text:
Instead of "sp_ny_manhattan" (or whatever else is written there), enter the name of downloaded savegame file. Press CTRL+S and exit Notepad++.
6. Start your copy of Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and go to CAMPAIGN/RESUME GAME.