Instructions on using Modern Warfare 3 saves:
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 uses .iw5
file to store the information about game status, while most other COD titles use .cfg
file. In order to edit .iw5
file, you'll have to install notepad++. Software a is fully legit freeware, and can be downloaded from www.notepad-plus-plus.org
1. Run COD MW 3 and start a new campaign. Wait for the first mission to start, then exit game.
2. Download desired COD Modern Warfare 3
save file to your desktop.
3. Uzip it, right click on SVG
(savegame) file and select Copy
4. Navigate to game installation folder and paste copied file to players/save/
5. Open players/settings_s.zip.iw5 file using previously installed Notepad++. Find this piece of text:
Instead of "sp_ny_manhattan" (or whatever else is written there), enter the name of downloaded savegame file. Press CTRL+S and exit Notepad++.
6. Start your copy of Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and go to CAMPAIGN/RESUME GAME.
Game installation location:
C:/Program Files/Activision/Modern Warfare 3/