Instructions on using Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 saves:
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 uses .iw2
file to store the information about game status, while most other COD titles use .cfg
file. In order to edit .iw2
file, you'll have to install notepad++. Software is a fully legit freeware, and can be downloaded from
1. Enter game main menu and start a new campaign. Wait for the first mission to start, then exit game completely.
2. Download desired Modern Warfare 2 save game file to your desktop.
3. Uzip it, right click on SVG
(savegame) file and select Copy
4. Navigate to game installation folder and paste copied file to players/save/.
5. Open players/settings_s.zip.iw4 file using previously installed Notepad++. Find this piece of text:
Instead of "trainer" (or whatever else is written there), enter the name of downloaded savegame file. Press CTRL+S and exit Notepad++.
6. Start your copy of Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and go to CAMPAIGN/RESUME GAME.
Game installation location:
C:/Program Files/Activision/Modern Warfare 2/