Instructions on using COD Black Ops saves:
1. Run COD Black Ops and start a new campaign. Wait for the first mission to start, then exit game.
2. Download desired Black Ops save game file to your desktop.
3. Uzip it, right click on SVG
(savegame) file and select Copy
4. Navigate to game installation folder and paste copied file to players/save/.
5. Open players/config.cfg file using WordPad. Find these two lines:
seta sv_lastSaveCommitedToDevice "save\cuba.svg"
seta sv_lastSaveGame "save\cuba.svg"
Instead of "cuba" (or whatever else is written there), enter the name of downloaded savegame file. Save the changes and exit.
6. Start your copy of Call Of Duty Black Ops and go to CAMPAIGN/RESUME GAME. If there is no RESUME GAME inside the CAMPAIGN submenu, press ESC and go to CAMPAIGN again (this is a minor bug within the game, which occurs sometimes).
Game installation dir:
C:/Program Files/Activision/Call of Duty - Black Ops/